Terms & Conditions
Please find below the terms and conditions for Baxi Heating UK Ltd ("Baxi") boiler parts and labour warranties:
- The installer must be registered with Gas Safe and complete the Benchmark commissioning checklist in full at the time the boiler is installed. This checklist must be made available to us if we ask and is found at the back of the installation instructions.
- The boiler warranty must be registered with Baxi by either the installer or you, the householder, within 30 days of the boiler being installed. For new build properties, this must be done within 30 days of the sale being completed.
- The boiler must be serviced each year in line with the manufacturer's instructions. The service must be carried out by an engineer registered with Gas Safe. The service can be done up to 60 days before or after the original anniversary of the boiler being installed without invalidating the warranty.
- If the service is not carried out by Baxi Customer Support, our service division, you must give us proof of service if we ask.
- While the warranty is in place, we will replace parts which were faulty from the date of manufacture, as we decide and free of charge.
- This warranty only relates to the boiler and integrated controls, not to any connected system or accessories such as time switches, thermostats, motorised valves, external pumps, external expansion vessels and so on.
- If the boiler breaks down, we may ask you to pay us a deposit before we visit you to repair it. We will return the deposit in full if we find a fault that is covered by this warranty. We may keep the deposit if we cannot access your property at the time we had arranged with you to visit or we find other conditions of this warranty have not been met. A responsible adult must be at the property to give our engineer this access to the boiler.
- Any repair carried out under the terms of this warranty does not extend the warranty beyond its original period.
- This warranty only applies to boilers bought in and used in the United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, Isle of Man or the Channel Islands.
- Engineers will not carry out repairs if they think accessing the boiler would be a risk to health and safety.
- If your boiler is in a cupboard, there must be enough room for the engineer to work (the minimum area as set out in the installation instructions). We will not accept responsibility for removing cupboards, kitchen units, trims and so on to gain access for repairs.
- Our warranties are not insurance backed, but Baxi sets money aside to support all future warranty claims.
- This warranty does not in any way affect your statutory or legal rights.
If this condition is not met, this warranty is not valid.
If you do not meet conditions 2 to 4, this warranty will be limited to 12 months from the date of installation, as recorded on the Benchmark commissioning checklist.
This warranty does not cover the following.
- Boilers installed within mobile leisure accommodation vehicles (LAVs) e.g. boats, caravans.
- Products that have been moved from their original place of installation.
- Costs of each annual service, including parts such as seals or electrodes replaced at this time.
- Any repair that is needed as a result of anything other than a fault to the boiler or failure of the boiler itself.
- Any damage, whether accidental, negligent, malicious or otherwise. Damaged appliances should not be installed.
- Theft or attempted theft.
- Any fault or failure in the heating system to which the boiler is connected.
- Any other costs or expenses caused by, or arising as a result of, a repair.
- Any damage caused by hard water scale deposits or sludge resulting from corrosion.
- Any problems caused by inadequate supply of services such as electricity, gas or water to the property.
- Boilers which have not been:
- installed and set up strictly in line with the installation instructions supplied with them (including the requirement to clean the system and add corrosion inhibitor in line with BS7593:1992); or
- maintained strictly in line with the maintenance instructions supplied with them; or
- where parts other than Baxi Genuine Parts have been used in any service or repair; or
- where the Benchmark checklist has not been properly completed.
Version: November 2017